These cookies make the perfect pre-workout snack, meal prep breakfast option, afternoon tea, or post dinner treat. Consider this recipe as a template. Sub the apple sauce for pumpkin puree or mashed banana; add chopped nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, dried fruits, chocolate; switch up the spices or add raw cacao.
There are options to make this either paleo, vegan, or sugar free depending on your dietary needs!
- 2 flax eggs (6 tbs ground flax soaked in ½ c warm water for 15 mins) or 2 eggs
- 3 tbs ghee or coconut oil
- ½ cup apple puree
- ¼ c Lakanto monk fruit sweetener (or sub coconut sugar)
- 1 tbs total spices of choices (turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, caradmom, nutmeg, allspice, etc)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 scoops collagen powder (optional, if omitted add 2 extra tbs of coconut flour or ¼ cup rolled oats)
- 1 tbs Source
- Combine all wet ingredients and the sweetener.
- Add all dry ingredients.
- Roll into 1-2 tablespoon size balls and flatten into a cookie shape.
- Lay on parchment paper and sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes
Thanks to our friend Marissa for sharing this awesome recipe. For other great recipes, check her out on instagram @cohenmarissafaith.